PRACTICAL ANALYSIS OF DREDGER CAPABILITY
The paper identifies a requirement for linking the theoretical characteristics of dredging equipment, instruments, site conditions and operator constraints with the practicalities of managing a dredger or fleet of dredgers. Sources of information are considered and their relevance and processing discussed. The parameters affecting overall dredger or dredger fleet output and efficiency are defined and the analysis of source material to evaluate these parameters is described. Examples of the use of these parameters to estimate practical dredger outputs are given and the calculation of dredger fleet capacity is demonstrated. Consideration is given to the economic problems facing a client who wishes to determine the viability of dredger ownership and the various factors influencing his decision are discussed.
First International Symposium on Dredging TechnolCanterbury, England
- Bray, R N
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Dredges; Dredging; Performance
- Old TRIS Terms: Dredge performance
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00156269
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper A3
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 22 1977 12:00AM