WORK IN PROGRESS
A comprehensive view is presented of current HSRI research programs, staff and facilities. The 66 programs are classified in 5 general categories: public policies and program planning, accident data, drivers, vehicles and roadways, and injury protection. Among the studies are those relating to alcohol-related casualties and the alcohol beverage market response to public policies, drug research methodology, and sanctions imposed upon at-fault drivers involved in severe crashes. Studies on bicycle accident and injury, collision experience and national estimates of fire data, as well as citizen participation studies, and licensing of English-deficient drivers are also reported. The state of the out of vehicle dynamics, retroreflective highway signing, the conspicuity of motorcycles and motorcycle drivers, as well as tire traction, and the braking properties of trucks are among other aspects covered.
Highway Safety Research InstituteHuron Parkway and Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 123 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcohols; Bicycles; Braking; Crashes; Driver licensing; Drivers; Drugs; Fires; Highway safety; Highways; Injuries; Motor vehicles; Protection; Public participation; Public policy; Research; Statistics; Traffic crashes; Vehicle dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Highway statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Policy; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Society;
- Accession Number: 00156185
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM