THE TOTAL TRANSPORTATION PLAN FOR THE NORTH CENTRAL TEXAS REGION FOR 1990
This study describes the Total Transportation Plan for the North Central Region for 1990: The region's first multimodal transportation plan. This plan was developed based on socieconomic projects, anticipated travel patterns and characteristics, and utilization of proposed facilities. The plan explores the impacts of all ground transportation systems on economics and land use, natural resources and the environment, and accessibility to employment opportunities as well as many features of the transportation system itself. A total of six alternative ground transportation systems were explored and evaluated, as well as four alternative airport system concepts evaluated for inclusion in the Total Transportation Plan. The recommendations for airports, highways and transit facilities represent the policy direction most favorable for the region in terms of social, environmental, and economic impacts.
- The preparation of this report was assisted by the Regional Planning Office of the Texas State Department of Highways.
North Central Texas Council of GovernmentsRegional Data Center, P.O. Drawer COG
Arlington, TX USA 76005-5888
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 170 p.
- TRT Terms: Accessibility; Airport planning; Airports; Environment; Ground transportation; Land use; Multimodal transportation; Natural resources; Regional planning; Socioeconomic factors; Transportation; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Travel patterns
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation systems
- Subject Areas: Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00156150
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM