TRANSPORTATION PLANNING IN THIRD-WORLD COUNTRIES: AN ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY
This annotated bibliography focuses on the dual role that transportation plays in national development planning. The first role is a passive one. It is directly related to meeting existing and forecasted transport demand. The second role is a dynamic one. It centers on using transport policies and investments, coupled with other policies and investments in order to bring about desirable changes in the spatial macro-economic landscape of a country. The bibliography also focuses on the dynamic aspects of transportation planning within the context of national development planning efforts taking place in most developing countries. This bibliography does not include the literature on urban transportation planning.
Council of Planning LibrariansP.O. Box 229
Monticello, IL USA 61856
- Mahayni, R G
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Developing countries; Economic development; Finance; Forecasting; Transportation; Transportation planning; Transportation policy
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Finance; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00156147
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Report No. 1108 Monog Ser.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM