A MASTER PLAN FOR TRANSPORTATION
The results are presented of an evaluation of the State's needs on those transportation systems for which the New Jersey Department of Transportation is responsible. The plan encompasses various travel modes, outlines the needs of each mode to serve travel demand through 1990 and recommends specific movements for highways, railroad and bus operations, and airports. Present day travel as well as future trends were analyzed and an effort has been made to place transportation policy in a historical perspective, to incorporate new concepts, and to employ accepted principles of transportation planning. Attempt has been made to reflect statewide concerns and to truly represent statewide needs. The data for this report was obtained through review of the results of the recent National Transportation Needs Study.
- Prepared in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration.
Trenton, NJ United States 08625
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 61 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Bus transportation; Forecasting; Highway transportation; Master plans; Multimodal transportation; Needs assessment; Policy; Railroad transportation; Transportation; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Travel demand
- Old TRIS Terms: Future policies
- Subject Areas: Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00156134
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Apr 12 1978 12:00AM