SOCIO ECONOMICALLY DISAGGREGATED WORK TRIP ANALYSES OF DELHI URBAN AREA
Transportation planning studies of metropolitan cities in India thus far have assumed homogeneity of population in the socio-economic groupings in cities and metropolitan areas. Distributions of employment and housing opportunities as well as the transport services which are compatible with each of these socio-economic groups, vary widely. Available evidence suggests that for transportation planning for metropolitan areas trip analyses must be conducted at socio-economically disaggregated level. This Paper describes the socio-economically disaggregated analyses for Delhi urban area for the year 1969. The parameters of trip generation equations and the Gravity Model established separately for the three income group households and also for the aggregated level are reported.
Central Road Research InstituteDelhi-Mathura Road
New Delhi, India 110020
- SARNA, A C
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Disaggregate analysis; Employment; Gravity models; Housings; Income; Socioeconomic factors; Transportation planning; Trip generation; Urban areas; Work trips
- Old TRIS Terms: Disaggregate models
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Society;
- Accession Number: 00156074
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Report NO. 139
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM