EVALUATION OF DYNAMIC PAVEMENT DEFLECTION SYSTEM
This report presents an assessment of the Dynaflect road surface dynamic deflection determination system under Australian conditions. The purpose of the system is to enable rapid evaluation of pavement strength as indicated by pavement deflection under a known dynamic load. The Dynaflect is being used to a considerable extent in North America, but has received little attention elsewhere. The mobility of the system and the protection afforded to the operator suggest that it would be suitable for evaluating the structural condition of pavements as part of a road inventory. /Author/
ARRB Group Ltd.Vermont South, Victoria Australia
- POTTER, D W
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: Assessments; Deflection; Dynaflect; Dynamic loads; Pavement layers; Pavement performance; Protection; Strength of materials; Surface course (Pavements)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Pavement structure
- Old TRIS Terms: Dynaflect deflections
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Pavements; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00155971
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ARR Report No. 62 Monog Ser.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM