A CIRCULAR TWO-LANE RURAL ROAD MODEL
This report describes the design philosophy behind a two- lane rural road model that takes the form of a circular track. The model has been calibrated with empirical gap acceptance data and some preliminary results for the capacity, the operating characteristic, the effect of directional split and sight distance are given. The safety margin factor and the critical overtaking speed factor are identified as the key parameters for field studies in the overtaking manoeuvre. /Author/
ARRB Group Ltd.Vermont South, Victoria Australia
- Luk, JYK
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Bearing tests; Calibration; Circular test tracks; Gap acceptance; Mathematical models; Motor vehicles; Passing; Rural highways; Safety; Sight distance; Speed; Traffic speed
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models
- Old TRIS Terms: Two edge bearing test
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00155970
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: AAR Report No. 67 Monog Ser.
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM