AIRPORTS FOR THE 80'S
Anticipated development and growth of air transport in the near future is examined in relation to the planning and design of airports for the 1980's. Papers examine differences between present and fulture commercial aircraft, the effects of technological development on international air transport, changes in the European air transport pattern, terminal planning for improved passenger and baggage movement, special development problems envisioned for Maplin Airport, social and economic consequences of airport operation, and the contrasts in national airport planning as occasioned by participation of central governments in different countries.
- Proceedings of the 4th World Airports Conference, London, England, 3-5 April, 1973.
London, United Kingdom SW1P 3AA
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 210 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Airport planning; Airports; Baggage; Baggage handling; Development; Forecasting; Passenger terminals; Socioeconomic factors; Structural design; Technological forecasting
- Identifier Terms: Maplin Airport
- Uncontrolled Terms: Airport design
- Geographic Terms: London (England)
- Old TRIS Terms: Airport development
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Public Transportation; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00155897
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Aerospace Abstracts
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 28 1977 12:00AM