DFW AIRTRANS TRANSIT SYSTEM SIMULATION
Description of a mathematical model of an intra-airport rapid transit system designed to transport passengers and baggage at the new Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport. The proposed simulation model moves trains and passengers over a guideway by processing time as an independent variable. All events such as train and passenger movement are associated with a specific simulation time and are processed at that time. At a particular simulation time, a type of event to occur in the future and the time of occurrence are determined. When the simulation time is incremented to the event occurrence time the event is processed.
- Presented at the Control of Flight Conference, Anaheim, California, August 5-9, 1974.
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics1290 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY United States 10019
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Guideways; Intra airport transit; Landside capacity; Mathematical models; Passengers; Rapid transit; Simulation; Time
- Identifier Terms: Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport
- Old TRIS Terms: Airtrans
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00155875
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Aerospace Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: AIAA 74-878 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 28 1982 12:00AM