DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF MONTREAL AND OTTAWA STOLPORTS
The Canadian Ministry of Transport embarked on a program to provide a downtown-to-downtown scheduled IRR STOL service between Montreal Quebec, and Ottawa, Ontario. As part of the total systems approach to the development of the service, two STOLports were designed and built. Preliminary standards and criteria were developed to enable the design to be carried out. New electronic approach aids and modified visual aids are incorporated into the system. There STOLports began operations in March, 1974.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Button, D L
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Airports; Approach; Electronic equipment; Standards; STOL aircraft; STOL ports; Structural design; Urban areas; Visual aids
- Uncontrolled Terms: Airport design; Criteria
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00155866
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Aerospace Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 740487
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 28 1977 12:00AM