PARAMETERIC STUDY OF A COLUMN SUPPORTED FLOUTING AIRFIELD --AIRPORT PLANNING FOR CONSTRUCTION OF LARGE BASE AT SEA USING STABILIZED LEGS
The report discusses the feasibility of constructing a large base or airfield at sea using stabilized legs. The legs, connecting struts, and other equipment would be transported by barge to the building site. There, the barge and payload would be flipped to the vertical and assembled with the option that the barge might or might not be included as a part of the platform.
Scripps Institution of OceanographyAdvanced Ocean Engineering Laboratory
La Jolla, CA USA 92037
- Publication Date: 1973-6-30
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport planning; Airports; Leg; Offshore airports; Offshore construction; Offshore platforms; Parametric analysis; Stabilized platforms; Structural design; Struts; Water
- Uncontrolled Terms: Airport design
- Old TRIS Terms: Floating platforms; Water aerodrome
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Bridges and other structures; Data and Information Technology; Economics; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00155858
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 28 1977 12:00AM