AVIATION NEEDS AND PUBLIC CONCERNS -- DISCUSSING NOISE, FULL AND AIRPORT PROBLEMS
The problems of aircraft noise and its reduction, and the growing demands on energy resources coupled with the rising fuel prices, are discussed. The growing scarcity of land suitable for airport sites is illustrated. Some background data is provided from related Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) studies.
Delft University of Technology, Delft (Netherlands); Royal Institute of Navigation, Netherlands Branch; Royal Institute of Engineers.; Directorate General of Shipping and Maritime Affairs, Rijswijk (Netherlands),
- VanLennep, E
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport noise; Airports; Costs; Energy resources; Environmental impact analysis; Environmental impacts; Fuels; Land use; Location; Noise control
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fuel costs; Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Airport location
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Energy; Environment; Finance; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00155857
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 28 1977 12:00AM