COMMAND AND CONTROL SUBSYSTEMS FOR THE FAIRLANE AND BRADLEY PEOPLE MOVER SYSTEMS
The Fairlane Town Center (in Dearborn, Mich.) and Bradley Airport (in Hartford, Conn.) Automatically Controlled Transportation (ACT) people mover systems both consist of a single lane of guideway between two end stations with a dual lane bypass near the center of the system. Vehicles are dispatched simultaneously from each of the end stations and pass one another in the dual lane bypass at the system center. The command and control subsystems which operate these people mover systems are described in detail. Major coponents include the central control console; the wayside rack with several program and logic subassemblies; and the On Board Controller. Details are also given regarding the voice communication system, the closed circuit TV system and the reliability and maintenanability of the system.
- Proceedings of the 4th Annual Intersociety Conference on Transportation, Los Angeles, California.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Esmer, G P
- Moss, W D
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated vehicle control; Bypasses; Closed circuit television; Communication systems; Control systems; Dispatching; Guideways; Intermodal terminals; Maintenance; People movers
- Old TRIS Terms: Automated transit system; Terminal facilitation
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00155841
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Aerospace Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 28 1977 12:00AM