REDUCING THE IMPACT OF AIRCRAFT NOISE - AN AIRPORT VIEWPOINT
The policy on aircraft noise of the international airport association coordinating council is summarized. The associations viewpoint on noise reduction stresses the following points; a firm schedule for the implementation of a retrofit program; programs for meeting the financial burden of the retrofit program; the retirement of older aircraft as an alternative to retrofit; reinforcement of annex 16 to the convention on civil aviation; the creation of noise zones around airports; and the institution of special night noise abatement procedures.
- Proceedings from the Symposium on the Impact of Economics on the Design and Operation of Quieter Aircraft.
Royal Aeronautical Society4 Hamilton Place
London S1V 0BQ, England
- Treibel, W
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft noise; Airport noise; Costs; Environmental impact analysis; Environmental impacts; Impact studies; Night; Noise control; Policy; Retrofitting; Zoning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Finance; Policy; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00155808
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Aerospace Abstracts
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM