CHELSEA STOLPORT - THE AIRLINE VIEW
American Airlines 1970 technical feasibility study of a Floating Interim Manhattan STOL port (FIMS) in the Hudson River adjacent to the residential community of Chelsea met with strong, well organized, effective opposition. The nature of these confrontations, the interactions of the principles, and the lessons learned as viewed by the airline are of value to any project where technological implementation is perceived by the public as a threat to their quality of life.
- Air Transportation Meeting. New York, 18-20 May 1976.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Ransone, R K
- Publication Date: 1976-5
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport noise; Environmental impact analysis; Environmental impacts; Feasibility analysis; Offshore airports; Residential areas; Social values; STOL ports; Technology
- Old TRIS Terms: Community values
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00155793
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Aerospace Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper 760523 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM