OVERVIEW OF NOISE
Aircraft noise pollution is discussed with emphasis on the reactions of individuals and communities, and possible solutions (e.g., relocating airports or relocating people who live near airports) are suggested. The measurement of noise levels is examined, and government (EPA) standards governing noise levels are touched upon.
- From the Future of Aeronautical Transportation, Proceedings of the Princeton University Conference.
Princeton UniversityPrinceton, NJ United States 08540
- ELDRED, K M
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft noise; Airport noise; Airports; Environmental impact analysis; Environmental impacts; Location; Measurement; Noise; Sound level; Standards
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise measurement
- Old TRIS Terms: Airport location
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00155777
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Aerospace Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 28 1977 12:00AM