COMMUNITY-AIRCRAFT NOISE EXPOSURE MODELING WITH THE NOISEMAP COMPUTER PROGRAM
A description is given of the NOISEMAP computer program which is concerned with an evaluation of the noise effects of Air Force operations on the environment. It was found that an algorithm could be devised for the calculation of the noise exposure of an arbitrary flight track. Various stages in the development of the NOISEMAP computer program are discussed. The program produces contour maps as output, on the basis of input data which represent the characteristics of the airfield and its operations.
- Presented at a ASA Meeting (90th) San Francisco, California, November 3-7, 1975.
Acoustical Society of America335 East 45th Street
New York, NY United States 10017
- Reddingius, N H
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft noise; Airport noise; Algorithms; Computer programs; Contour maps; Environmental impact analysis; Environmental impacts; Mapping; Military engineering; Noise
- Identifier Terms: United States Air Force
- Old TRIS Terms: Air force operations; Encironmental impact; Noise exposure; Noisemap
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00155771
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Aerospace Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 28 1977 12:00AM