INTER-NOISE 76; PROCEEDINGS OF THE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON NOISE CONTROL ENGINEERING
The papers deal with recent developments in noise control and techniques for measuring and analyzing noise data. General topics include advanced noise-control techniques, machinery noise reduction at the source, aircraft and airport noise, noise measurement and analysis, reduction of in-plant noise exposure, rail transportation noise, noise control engineering in buildings, materials and products for noise control, traffic noise abatement, community noise, international standards and legislature requirements for noise control, designing and planning for industrial noise control, and effects of noise on the individual and on society. Specific papers discuss real-time signal processing of noise data using cross-properly techniques, applications of coherence-function techniques in noise diagnosis and prediction, noise reduction procedures for centrifigual fans, structural acoustical considerations for aircraft, inlet noise reduction for gas turbine engines, requirements for ground-based forward-speed simulation in aircraft noise research, and effects of aircraft noise around several airports.
Institute of Noise Control EngineeringIowa State University, 210 Marston Hall
Ames, IA United States 50011-2153
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 558 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Aircraft noise; Airport noise; Communities; Environmental impact analysis; Environmental impacts; Gas turbines; Industries; Legislation; Measurement; Noise; Noise control; Signal processing; Simulation; Standards; Traffic noise; Turbine engines; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft design; Noise measurement; Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Community noise; Noise exposure
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Design; Environment; Law; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00155767
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Aerospace Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 28 1977 12:00AM