NOISE EXPOSURE FORECAST CONTOURS FOR EXPECTED 1985 AND 1990 OPERATIONS AT SEVEN U.S. AIRPORTS
This report summarizes a study of the probable impact of future supersonic transport (SST) aircraft operations on the noise environment around seven airports in the United States. The noise environment is depicted in terms of Noise Exposure Forecast (NEF) contours of NEF 30 and 40 values for projected 1985 and 1990 operation sat the following seven airports: 1) Anchorage International Airport (ANC), 2) Logan International Airport, Boston (BOS), 3) Honolulu International Airport (HNL), 4) John F. Kennedy International Airport, New York (JFK), 5) Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), 6) Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), 7) San Francisco International Airport (SFO). Sets of noise contours are given for each airport for the two projections. Additional contours are shown for John F. Kennedy Airport which reflect changes in SST takeoff profiles and the replacement of SST aircraft by equivalent numbers of subsonic aircraft. This report discusses in more detail the calculation procedures, data sources and assumptions, presents the noise contours and the summaries of the areas falling within the NEF 30 and 40 contours. The last section of the report briefly discusses the results of the studies.
Bolt, Beranek and Newman, Incorporated50 Moulton Street
Cambridge, MA United States 02138
- Publication Date: 1971
- Pagination: 87 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport noise; Environmental impact analysis; Environmental impacts; Noise; Supersonic aircraft
- Identifier Terms: Honolulu International Airport; John F. Kennedy International Airport; Logan International Airport; Los Angeles International Airport; San Francisco International Airport; Seattle-Tacoma International Airport; Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport
- Old TRIS Terms: Noise exposure
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00155659
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Air Transport Association of America
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM