POTENTIAL OF ABANDONED RAIL RIGHT OF WAY AS MEANS FOR AIRPORT ACCESS
This paper discusses why railroad rights of way linking airports in hub regions by means of dispersed collection and distribution points in urban and suburban areas for processing passengers and their baggage is posed as a potential solution to the critical airport processing and access problem. The creation of a Federal Land Bank to hold in escrow abandoned railroad rights of way and to obtain land outside of metropolitan areas for new large airports is recommended.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Koomanoff, F A
- Publication Date: 1969-4
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport access; Baggage; Baggage handling; Land use; Landside capacity; Links (Networks); Passengers; Railroad transportation; Urban areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Right of way
- Old TRIS Terms: Linkage
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Finance; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00155656
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Air Transport Association of America
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM