GENEALOGY OF TERMINAL ATC AUTOMATION
This paper summarizes some of the more important terminal area air traffic control automation activities which took place during the 1960's. Included is a tutorial section on the basic control tools that can be used to construct a terminal area control system. A Section on scheduling has been added since the previous printing in February 1970. A detailed summary is given of ten activities which include operational systems is well as real-time and analytical studies. Finally, the paper provides a summary of the authors conclusions and recommendations for future efforts in terminal automation.
Mitre CorporationWestgate Research Park
McLean, VA United States 22101
- Holland, F C
- Garceau, T V
- Publication Date: 1970-2
- Pagination: 195 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Automation; Real time control; Scheduling
- Old TRIS Terms: Real time operation
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00155653
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. M70-9
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM