MODELING FOR AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS
In this paper several classes of models of Air Traffic Control-related systems that have been presented over the years are reviewed. These models cover the complete spectrum of ATC activities: surface traffic movement, runway utilization, terminal areas; and enroute traffic. Outstanding work in each area is summarized and criticized. The technqiues employed range from the purely analytical to real and fast time simulations. Topics for possible future work are also identified on the basis of the present review. Finally, an extensive annotated bibliography is included.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyFlight Transportation Laboratory
Cambridge, MA USA 02139
- Odoni, A R
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Airport runways; Ground transportation; Mathematical models; Reviews; Simulation; State of the art
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management; Pavements; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00155643
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Report/Paper Numbers: FTL Tech Memo 71-4
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM