AIRPORT LANDSIDE ANALYTIC PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
Computer implemented analytic models have been developed which will assist in the quantitative assessment of the adequacy of the airport landside, that is, the partition of the airport property not utilized by aircraft. The primary measures of adequacy are passenger delay and passenger processing time. Detailed analytic models have been derived using queueing theory for those airport landside components which are essential to passenger processing. Also, a landside analysis program has been developed to quantify airport landside delay and capacity. The major outputs of this program are the per passenger processing times at each landside service facility, the per passenger processing times and cumulative processing times at each terminal unit and groundside area in an airport for both enplaning and deplaning passengers, and a summary of the delay and total processing times at an airport by terminal and for the entire airport. Other outputs are also generated by the program and many other items are computed enternally and if desired can be output without significant program modification. This program has been applied to the existing and planned facilities at the large hub air carrier airports and a large data base has been created for a total of 25 large hub airports. The data base is constructed such that the data can be modified or additional data input in a relatively straight forward manner.
H H Aerospace Design Company, IncorporatedBedford, MA United States
- Gentry, D E
- Doyle, K M
- Odoni, A R
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Pagination: 103 p.
- TRT Terms: Airlines; Airplanes; Arrivals and departures; Boarding; Computer programs; Databases; Freight terminals; Intermodal terminals; Landside capacity; Quantitative analysis; Queuing; Traffic delays
- Old TRIS Terms: Deplaning; Enplaning; Processing
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Finance; Freight Transportation; Passenger Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00155620
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM