THE AFFECT OF AIRCRAFT NOISE ON THE VALUE OF RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY NEAR THREE SELECTED AIRPORTS
The purpose of this paper is to develop some statistical evidence bearing on the hypothesis that the negative effect of aircraft noise on the value of residential properties adjacent to an airport is significant. Once the task of establishing the evidence supporting the particular hypothesis is accomplished, it is hoped that the result would simultaneously contribute to the development of the methods of measuring the damages of noise and other pollutions in general.
Urban Transportation Center1717 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Paik, I K
- Publication Date: 1972-6
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft noise; Airport noise; Employee compensation; Environmental impact analysis; Environmental impacts; Loss and damage; Measurement; Property values
- Uncontrolled Terms: Compensation
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00155617
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Aviation Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM