NATO CONFERENCE: THE APPLICATION OF OPERATIONAL RESEARCH TO TRANSPORT PROBLEMS
The conference papers covered a wide range of transportation subjects, involving both military and civilian problems, with many of the papers presenting empirical data and related analyses. The wide-reaching examination of transportation, with an emphasis on empirical content, was a major objective of the conference program. Sessions included selected multimodal studies, major transport problem areas, system design, scheduling and routing role of computers in transport management and planning, assessment of technological advances, future transport operational research needs, contributions to selection of infrastructure and interplay between civilian and military transport.
Western Periodicals Company13000 Raymer Street
North Hollywood, CA USA 91605
- Geisler, M A
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 503 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport operations; Information processing; Military transportation; Multimodal transportation; Operations research; Routing; Scheduling; System design; Transportation operations; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Airport management
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00155542
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM