REPORT ON ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT OF AIRPORT DEVELOPMENT
This report is a review of the different options open to OECD Member governments to deal with the environmental problems raised by the location and development of major airports. The options identified in this report are based on an analysis of the most recent practical experience in 16 Member countries currently concerned with planning new, or expanding existing major airports. In addition the report puts forward a number of principles which should be given important consideration in airport planning. It suggests that these principles should be adopted in order that the planning process may become more sensitive to environmental concerns than is possible with conventional benefit/cost analysis.
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)2, rue André Pascal
Paris, France 75775 Paris Cedex 16
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport noise; Airport planning; Airports; Environmental impact analysis; Environmental impacts; Location
- Old TRIS Terms: Airport location
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00155522
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM