EXECUTIVE AND TABULAR SUMMARY OF AIR BAG FIELD EXPERIENCE. VOLUME I. NO. 1
The report contains narrative summaries and tables which describe a total of 119 accidents occurring during the past 4 years involving air bag equipped cars. The information was extracted from the NHTSA in-depth reports by accident investigation teams from five regional research stations. In each case, the following data are included: data, location, DOT HS number, type of impact, year and make of air bag equipped vehicle, type of accident, year and make of other vehicle(s) involved, speed of impact, driver and passenger(s) information, their injury code, damage to the vehicle, and damage code.
Chi Associates IncorporatedArlington, VA United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Chi, L
- Dalsimer, A
- Publication Date: 1977-4
- Pagination: 173 p.
- TRT Terms: Air bags; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crashes; Highway safety; Impacts; Inflatable structures; Injuries; Loss and damage; Passenger vehicles; Prevention; Research; Safety; Safety equipment; Tables (Data); Vehicles
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00155415
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-301 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NHTSA-7-3106
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM