A COMPARISON OF TIRE TRACTION TEST METHODS: MOBILE TIRE TRACTION DYNAMOMETER VS INSTRUMENTED PASSENGER CAR
Two completely different test methods are compared for their ability to quantify the traction characteristics of high speed police pursuit tires. The first uses established instrumented vehicle test procedures while the second method uses the Mobile Tire Traction Dynamometer.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Neill, AHJ
- Hinch, J A
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Pagination: 74 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Dynamic tests; Dynamometers; Methodology; Passenger vehicles; Police; Portable equipment; Tires; Traction
- Uncontrolled Terms: Mobile equipment
- Subject Areas: Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00155373
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802 342, T-1026
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 19 2002 12:00AM