TRANSPORTATION BARRIER PLANNING COUNCIL. TRANSPORTATION NEEDS STUDY REPORT
Tabular data detail agency responses to a survey about transportation services and barriers in Polk County - Des Moines, Iowa. Responses from health care, counseling, and other types of agencies are tabulated separately. Data are presented for clients served, proportion of low income clients, client's needs for special transportation because of physical handicaps, need for special transportation because of low income, and need for transportation because of lack of access to public transportation. Agency responses are also provided concerning expenditures for transportation, transportation services provided, use of volunteers, operation of vehicles, and sources of funds. Each agency was polled about the question of a central transportation agency and the barriers to such an agency.
Integrated Services Program of Polk County, IowaDes Moines, IA USA
- Publication Date: 1975-6-9
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Emergency vehicles; Expenditures; Level of service; Low income groups; Needs assessment; Physically handicapped persons; Public health; Surveys; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services
- Old TRIS Terms: Public service vehicles; Special service
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00155152
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1981 12:00AM