CONTROL OF MARINE BORER ATTACK ON WOOD
Substances, particularly wood, which are normally subject to deterioration due to marine borers are preserved by applying to the substance certain 4-(3-phenylpropenylide)-2, 5-cyclohexadieneones substituted at position 5 with substituents selected from the group consisting of lower alkyl, lower alkoxyl, and hydrogen, and at position 2 with substituents selected from the group consisting of hydroxyl and lower alkoxyl.
- This Government-owned invention available for U.S. licensing and, possibly, for foreign licensing. Copy of patent available Commissioner of Patents, Washington, D.C. 20231 $0.50.
Department of Agriculture1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20250
- Bultman, J D
- Jurd, L
- Turner, R D
- Publication Date: 1976-3-15
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Chemical compounds by primary element or compound; Deterioration; Marine borers; Patents; Pest control; Prevention; Wood preservatives
- Old TRIS Terms: Cyclohexadiene compounds; Marine borer prevention; Patents (Marine borer prevention)
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00155148
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-6 67 056 Patent, PATENT-4 012 529
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM