GREAT LAKES-OVERSEAS MARINE TRANSPORTATION MARKET ASSESSMENT. A BUSINESS PROPOSAL FOR U.S. FLAG OPERATIONS. VOLUME I
The Great Lakes-Overseas Marine Transportation Market Assessment is a comprehensive study of commercial marine operations in foreign trade between Great Lakes and overseas ports. In Volume 1, the study screens forty-one alternative liner cargo shipping systems and selects one, an all-container service, as having the highest potential for success. This system is fully developed in a business proposal with management, financial, and marketing plans.
- See also Executive Summary, PB-265 046. Also available in set of 4 reports PC E11, PB-265 045-SET.
Simat, Helliesen and Eichner, Incorporated1019 19th Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Pagination: 200 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Cargo ships; Common carriers; Containerization; Freight traffic; International trade; Level of service; Market research; Market surveys; Markets; Mathematical models; Ports; Trade; Transportation; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services; Transportation models
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes; Saint Lawrence Seaway; Western Europe
- Old TRIS Terms: Containerizing; Market studies; Trade development
- Subject Areas: Economics; Terminals and Facilities; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00155130
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-940-77061
- Contract Numbers: MA-4-37124
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM