GREAT LAKES-OVERSEAS MARINE TRANSPORTATION MARKET ASSESSMENT. A BUSINESS PROPOSAL FOR U.S. FLAG OPERATIONS. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
The study establishes the essential criteria for a successful U.S. flag operations to and from the nation's fourth seacoast. By employing market surveys, modal split analyses and required freight rate models, the study evaluates 42 variations of alternative marine transportation systems as potential competitors in a Great Lakes-Overseas system. The study recommends two specific systems and develops the required management financial and marketing plans.
- Also available in set of 4 reports PC E11, PB-265 045-SET.
Simat, Helliesen and Eichner, Incorporated1019 19th Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Cargo ships; Commodities; Common carriers; Containerization; Freight traffic; International trade; Level of service; Market research; Market surveys; Markets; Mathematical models; Trade; Transportation; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services; Transportation models
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes; Saint Lawrence Seaway; Western Europe
- Old TRIS Terms: Containerizing; Market studies; Trade development
- Subject Areas: Economics; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00155129
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-940-77060
- Contract Numbers: MA-4-37124
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 31 2000 12:00AM