STATUS OF COAL SUPPLY CONTRACTS FOR NEW ELECTRIC GENERATING UNITS, 1976-1985
Electric utility coal consumption is projected to increase 90 percent in the next decade--from approximately 406 million tons last year to 770 million tons in 1985. The report is based on utility industry plans to construct 229 new coal-fired units with total generating capacity of 111,600 megawatts during the period.
Federal Power CommissionBureau of Power
Washington, DC USA 20426
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Coal industry; Demand; Electric power generation; Electric power plants; Electric utilities; Energy; Energy consumption; Forecasting; Fossil fuel power plants; Freight traffic; Public utilities; States; Tables (Data); Traffic forecasting
- Uncontrolled Terms: Utilities
- Old TRIS Terms: Energy demand; Energy requirements
- Subject Areas: Energy; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00155102
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM