STUDY OF COLLISION CHARACTERISTICS
Data on the details of 134 collisions were collected from the files of IMCO and USCG from 1944 to 1975. Cases are identified by number or name, flag, type, tonnage and characteristics. Information lists repair costs, location of casualty, weather, cause of collision, ships speeds and angle of impact with diagram, damage location, description, length, height, and depth.
- See also report on Task 2, PB-264 558.
Sharp (George G) Incorporated100 Church Street
New York, NY USA 10007
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Zahn, A S
- Publication Date: 1977-1-28
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Casualties; Collisions; Cost estimating; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Estimates; Fatalities; Loss and damage; Maintenance; Maritime crashes; Research; Ships; Statistical analysis; Statistics; Tankers; Water traffic; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Casualty data; Collision statistics; Ship casualties; Tanker ships
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00155087
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA/RD-77057-T-1, 5570-1
- Contract Numbers: MARAD-6-38053
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM