BACKGROUND INFORMATION ON HYDROCARBON EMISSIONS FROM MARINE TERMINAL OPERATIONS. VOLUME I: DISCUSSION, VOLUME II: APPENDICES
Volume 1: this report presents results of a study to develop background information necessary for the accurate assessment of hydrocarbon emissions from ship and barge loading and unloading of gasoline and crude oil. The report assesses marine terminal facilities, marine terminal operations, cruise history and product movement statistics, hydrocarbon emission rates and characteristics, control technology state of the art, safety considerations of marine terminal control technology and economics of controlling marine terminal emissions. The report also includes the results of a detailed cost analysis for a refrigeration and an absorption marine terminal vapor recovery system. Data gathering activities focused on the Houston-Galveston area; however, information was also assembled on hydrocarbon emissions from marine terminal operations in the metropolitan Los Angeles area generated by handling of gasoline and crude oils, including Alaskan north slope crude. Volume 2: this volume contains the appendices for volume 1. It includes information on vessels transporting crude oil and gasoline in the Houston-Galveston area, vapor control system cost data, results from industry test programs, industry test data; radian emission testing results, radian emission test data and trip reports, and independent analysis of vapor recovery system costs.
- See also Volume 1, PB-264 381.
Radian CorporationAustin, TX USA
Environmental Protection AgencyOffice of Air Quality Planning and Standards
Research Triangle Park, NC USA 27709
- Burklin, C E
- Colley, J D
- Owen, M L
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Pagination: 209 p.
- TRT Terms: Absorption; Air quality management; Assessments; Bulk cargo handling; Chemical analysis; Concentration (Chemistry); Cost estimating; Crude oil; Detection and identification; Detectors; Economic efficiency; Economics; Energy consumption; Estimates; Freight terminals; Freight transportation; Gasoline; Graphics; Hydrocarbons; Incinerators; Intermodal transportation; Loading and unloading; Marine terminals; Monitoring; Oils; Petroleum terminals; Pollutants; Pollution; Refrigeration; Statistics; Tables (Data); Tankers; Terminal operations; Transportation; Vapor phases; Vapors
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency; Unloading
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk oil handling; Cargo transportation; Energy data related to transportation; Graphic methods; Hydrocarbon vapor measurement; Loading procedures; Oil terminals; Tanker discharging; Tanker loading
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Energy; Environment; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00155074
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA/450/3-76/038b Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-02-1319
- Files: TSR, TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM