BACKGROUND INFORMATION ON HYDROCARBON EMISSIONS FROM MARINE TERMINAL OPERATIONS. VOLUME I. DISCUSSION
This report presents results of a study to develop background information necessary for the accurate assessment of hydrocarbon emissions from ship and barge loading and unloading of gasoline and crude oil. The report assesses marine terminal facilities, marine terminal operations, cruise history and product movement statistics, hydrocarbon emission rates and characteristics, control technology state of the art, safety considerations of marine terminal control technology and economics of controlling marine terminal emissions. The report also includes the results of a detailed cost analysis for a refrigeration and an absorption marine terminal vapor recovery system. Data gathering activities focused on the Houston--Galveston area; however, information was also assembled on hydrocarbon emissions from marine terminal operations in the metropolitan Los Angeles area generated by handling of gasoline and crude oils, including Alaskan north slope crude.
- See also Volume 2, PB-264 382.
Radian CorporationAustin, TX United States
Environmental Protection AgencyOffice of Air Quality Planning and Standards
Research Triangle Park, NC United States 27709
- Burklin, C E
- Colley, J D
- Owen, M L
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Pagination: 225 p.
- TRT Terms: Absorption; Air quality management; Assessments; Bulk cargo handling; Chemical composition; Chemical properties; Cost estimating; Crude oil; Design; Economic efficiency; Economics; Estimates; Freight terminals; Freight transportation; Gasoline; Hydrocarbons; Incinerators; Loading and unloading; Marine terminals; Monitoring; Oils; Petroleum terminals; Physical properties; Pollutants; Pollution; Refrigeration; Safety; Statistics; Tankers; Terminal operations; Vapor phases; Vapors
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Efficiency; Unloading
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk oil handling; Cargo transportation; Hydrocarbon vapor measurement; Loading procedures; Oil terminals; Tanker discharging; Tanker loading
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Economics; Environment; Finance; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00155073
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA/450/3-76
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-02-1319
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 2002 12:00AM