A PAVEMENT DESIGN AND MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR FOREST SERVICE ROADS - A WORKING MODEL
This is the second phase of a three-phase effort to develop and implement a pavement design and management system for low-cost, low-volume roads, in particular, Forest Service roads. The specific object of this phase is to develop working pavement design and management models and other information needed for optimization and decision making. Using the results of the Phase 1 conceptual study and a pre-existing program, an initial computerized working pavement design and management model was developed. This initial model was modified to better consider the Forest conditions, design requirements and operating procedures. The resulting model, which is now ready for implementation and trial usage by the Forest Service during Phase 3 of this project, will design pavement structures based on an equal-effectiveness criterion for bituminous surfaced, aggregate surfaced or surface treatment roads.
- See also report dated Jul 74, PB-237 306.
University of Texas, AustinCouncil for Advanced Transportation Studies
Austin, TX USA 78712
US Forest Service1400 Independence Avemue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20250
- Roberts, F L
- McCullough, B F
- WILLIAMSON, H J
- Wallin, W R
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Pagination: 132 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Bituminous materials; Computer programs; Cost engineering; Costs; Decision making; Design; Economic models; Failure; Flexible pavements; Forest roads; Forests; Level of service; Management; Mathematical models; Optimization; Pavement design; Pavement management systems; Pavements; Planning; Problem solving; Programming (Planning); Roads; Surface treating
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Management systems; Models; Services
- Old TRIS Terms: Bituminous surfacing; Management planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Economics; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Pavements; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00155072
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: RR-43 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: AG-13-883
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1978 12:00AM