SUMMARY OF DEVELOPMENT AND RECOMMENDATIONS FOR A QUALITY ASSURANCE PROGRAM FOR THE PROCUREMENT AND MANUFACTURE OF URBAN MASS TRANSIT OPERATING EQUIPMENT AND SYSTEMS
A viable quality program for the urban mass transit industry, and a management approach to ensure compliance with the program are outlined. Included are: (1) a set of guidelines for quality assurance to be imposed on transit authorities, and a management approach to ensure compliance with them; (2) a management approach to be used by the transit authorities (properties) for assuring compliance with the QA guidelines; and (3) quality assurance guidelines to be imposed by properties and UMTA for procurement of hardware and systems.
Jet Propulsion LaboratoryCalifornia Institute of Technology, 4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, CA United States 91103
- Witkin, S A
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Equipment; Guidelines; Policy; Procurement; Product development; Public transit; Quality assurance; Quality control; Rapid transit; Regulations; Safety; Specifications; Transportation operations; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Equipment specifications; Government/industry relations; Procurement policy; Rapid transit systems; Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Law; Policy; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00155054
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-CR-149559 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1982 12:00AM