ESTIMATION OF UG3RD PRODUCTIVITY IMPACTS
This study estimates the value of savings attainable from reduced Air Traffic Service staff requirements associated with implementation of the Upgraded Third Generation Air Traffic Control System (UG3RD). Estimates of staff requirements, assuming either a continuation of the present air traffic control system or alternatively, various UG3RD improvements, were prepared from an analysis of specific job functions at sample facilities. Sample estimates were expanded to provide estimates of required staff at all centers and 30 selected TRACONS and/or terminals for the period 1976 and 2000. Manpower differentials were calculated and valued at an average 1975 wage plus benefit cost. (Author)
Washington, DC United States 20591
- Rodgers, J M
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Air traffic controllers; Automation; Cost effectiveness; Costs; Estimates; Labor market; Modernization; Personnel management; Productivity
- Old TRIS Terms: Upgraded third generation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation; Finance; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00154890
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-AVP-77-4 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 31 1978 12:00AM