URBAN RAPID RAIL VEHICLE AND SYSTEMS PROGRAM
The Annual Report reviews the fifth year's efforts of the Urban Mass Transportation Administration's Urban Rapid Rail Vehicle and Systems Program. Three major hardware tasks were active during this reporting period: State-of-the-Art Car (SOAC), Advanced Concept Train R&D (ACT-1), and Advanced Subsystem Development Program (ASDP). The objective of this Program is to enhance the attractiveness of rail rapid transit to the urban traveler by providing transit vehicles that are as comfortable, reliable, safe, and economical as possible. Accomplishments for the year ending September 1976 include the following: Completed arrangements to further extend the operational demonstration of the SOAC vehicles to include nine months of revenue service on the Lindenwold High Speed Line of PATCO--The design, development testing and fabrication portions of the ACT-1 program are in the final stages with delivery of the first vehicle to DOT Transportation Test Center, Pueblo, Colorado, scheduled for February 1977.
- See also PB-254 727.
Boeing Vertol CompanySurface Transportation Systems Department, P.O. Box 16858
Philadelphia, PA USA 19142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Pagination: 135 p.
- TRT Terms: Comfort; Design; Evaluation; Fabrication; High speed rail; Light rail vehicles; Passenger cars; Passenger comfort; Rapid transit; Rapid transit cars; Reliability; Research; Safety; Tests; Urban transportation; Vehicle design; Vehicles
- Identifier Terms: Lindenwold Line; State of the Art Car (Rapid transit car)
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced concept train; Passenger car design; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Design; Public Transportation; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00154855
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-06-0026-77-1Ann. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-10007
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 22 1981 12:00AM