AVAILABILITY AND USE OF ABANDONED RIGHTS OF WAY. TASK 5. PUBLIC USE OF ABANDONED RIGHTS OF WAY
The task addresses Section 809 (a) (4) of Public Law 94-210. The Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976 which calls for an assessment and evaluation of suggestions for more effective public utilization of abandoned railroad rights of way, including recommendations for legislative, administrative, and regulatory action, if any, and proposals as to the optimum level of funding therefor. The task focuses on three areas: ideas for public utilization, policy and program recommendations, and funding required for program implementation.
- See also Task 4, C, PB-265 996. Also available in set of 6 reports PC E17, PB-265 991-SET.
Harbridge House, Incorporated11 Arlington Street
Boston, MA United States 02116
Department of TransportationOffice of Environmental Affairs, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- BRANDWEIN, R
- Publication Date: 1977-1-17
- Pagination: 162 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Eminent domain; Finance; Financing; Land use; Laws; Nationalization; Ownership; Policy; Project management; Property acquisition; Railroad tracks; Railroads; Real property; Recommendations; Regulations; Right of way (Land); Utilization
- Identifier Terms: Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies; Government regulations; Land titles; Public law
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Law; Policy; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00154849
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TES-77/006 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-60514
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 22 1977 12:00AM