AVAILABILITY AND USE OF ABANDONED RIGHTS OF WAY. TASK 4. C. CASE STUDIES OF RAILROAD ABANDONMENTS
In accordance with requirements of the Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act a survey and case studies were undertaken of programs utilizing or attempting to utilize abandoned railroad rights of way for public purposes. The results of the survey are described in Task 4 (A) (B). This Task discusses the case studies which explored the problems, solutions and benefits associated with right of way conversion.
- See also Task 4, A and B, PB-265 995. Also available in set of 6 reports PC E17, PB-265 991-SET.
Harbridge House, Incorporated11 Arlington Street
Boston, MA United States 02116
Department of TransportationOffice of Environmental Affairs, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- O'Donahoe, G
- Bowen, R
- Publication Date: 1977-1-17
- Pagination: 303 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Benefit cost analysis; Eminent domain; Nationalization; Ownership; Property acquisition; Railroad tracks; Railroads; Real property; Right of way (Land); Surveys; Utilization
- Identifier Terms: Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976
- Old TRIS Terms: Land titles
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00154848
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TES-77/005 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-60514
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 22 1977 12:00AM