AVAILABILITY AND USE OF ABANDONED RIGHTS OF WAY. TASK 4. A. SURVEY OF FEDERAL PROGRAMS. B. SURVEY OF STATE AND LOCAL PROGRAMS
In accordance with requirements of the Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act a survey was undertaken of existing Federal, State, and local programs utilizing or attempting to utilize abandoned railroad rights of way for public purposes. The results of the survey describe and assess policies, programs, and legislation which have influenced the conversion of abandoned railroad rights of way to other public uses.
- See also Task 3, PB-265 994. Also available in set of 6 reports PC E17, PB-265 991-SET.
Harbridge House, Incorporated11 Arlington Street
Boston, MA United States 02116
Department of TransportationOffice of Environmental Affairs, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- O'Donahoe, G
- Franz-Goldman, C
- Publication Date: 1977-1-17
- Pagination: 295 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Eminent domain; Governments; Land use; Legislation; Nationalization; Ownership; Planning; Policy; Railroad tracks; Railroads; Real property; Right of way (Land); Surveys; Utilization
- Identifier Terms: Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning; Land titles
- Subject Areas: Law; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00154847
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TES-77/004 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-60514
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 22 1977 12:00AM