AVAILABILITY AND USE OF ABANDONED RIGHTS OF WAY. TASK 2. INVENTORY OF ABANDONED RIGHTS OF WAY
As a part of the study of the Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976, an inventory was developed of all railroad rights of way abandoned in the period 1970-1976 which (1) are over 1.0 mile in length outside Standard Metropolitan Statistical Areas (SMSA's), or over .25 mile inside SMSA's; and (2) retain their linear character in terms of physical characteristics and ownership patterns. The inventory of abandonments includes the identification of the owner of record and an evaluation of the topography, characteristics, condition, approximate value and alternative use suitability. The possible alternate uses for the inventoried abandonments were determined by using the alternate use suitability criteria methodology developed under Task 1.
- See also Task 1, PB-265 992. Also available in set of 6 reports PC E17, PB-265 991-SET.
Harbridge House, Incorporated11 Arlington Street
Boston, MA United States 02116
Department of TransportationOffice of University Research, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Sieczkowski, S
- Krauss, J
- Bysshe, S
- Publication Date: 1977-1-17
- Pagination: 558 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Analysis; Appraisals; Eminent domain; Inventory; Land use; Ownership; Present value; Property values; Railroad tracks; Railroads; Real property; Right of way (Land); Surveying; Surveying; Topography; Utilization
- Identifier Terms: Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976
- Uncontrolled Terms: Value
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical techniques; Land titles
- Subject Areas: Finance; Freight Transportation; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00154845
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TES-77/002 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-60514
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 22 1977 12:00AM