GUIDEWAY - VEHICLE COST REDUCTION. PART I: GUIDEWAY - VEHICLE PERFORMANCE AND COSTS
The cost and performance benefits of using improved suspensions in passenger railcars are investigated. Preliminary results from the first year of a two year study are presented. The primary objective is to determine if improved vehicle suspensions can reduce overall system cost by allowing lower guideway maintenance standards. Cost determinations are limited to guideway annual maintenance and vehicle suspension installation and maintenance. The guideway/suspension system is divided into several areas which are analyzed separately. In Part I, transfer function models of passenger railcar and bus dynamics, and power spectral density models of guideway disturbances are developed. Preliminary guideway and suspension cost data are also analyzed.
- See also Part 2, PB-265 967.
Arizona State University, TempeDepartment of Mechanical Engineering
Tempe, AZ United States 85281
Department of TransportationOffice of University Research, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Klinger, D L
- Cooperrider, N K
- Hedrick, J Karl
- White, R C
- Calzado, A
- Publication Date: 1976-7-9
- Pagination: 159 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Benefit cost analysis; Buses; Costs; Defects; Dynamic loads; Maintenance of way; Passenger cars; Power spectra; Railroad tracks; Rapid transit; Ride quality; Suspension systems; Train track dynamics; Transfer functions; Trucks; Vehicle design
- Non-Preferred Terms: Power spectral density; Spectral density; Spectral energy distribution
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Dynamic response
- Old TRIS Terms: Mechanical guides; Passenger car design; Rapid transit railways; Track irregularities; Vehicular tracks
- Subject Areas: Design; Finance; Motor Carriers; Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00154841
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TST-76/95-1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-50107
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 22 1981 12:00AM