MARITIME CARGO THEFT LIABILITY STUDY. DEVELOPMENT OF A MARITIME CARGO LOSS REPORTING SYSTEM. VOLUME I: FINAL REPORT
The lack of maritime cargo theft data has been determined to be a serious deficiency in the National Cargo Security Program. To remedy the deficiency, this short term review of the maritime transportation industry has been undertaken. The study reviews accountability and liability responsibilities as well as the identification and consideration of various sources and techniques for data collection in maritime operations. Recommendations for maritime cargo loss reporting systems are presented.
- See also Volume 2, PB-265 827.
Simat, Helliesen and Eichner, Incorporated1019 19th Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1977-3
- Pagination: 128 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo ships; Commodities; Data collection; Forms (Documents); Freight security; Freight transportation; Insurance; Liabilities; Loss and damage; Losses; Records management; Regulations; Reports; Security; Systems engineering; Theft; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Accountability; Reporting
- Old TRIS Terms: Loss prevention
- Subject Areas: Finance; Freight Transportation; Law; Marine Transportation; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00154814
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-P-5200-15-Vol-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OST-60517
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM