TRANSPORTATION TUNNELING PROGRAM REVIEW. ANNUAL CONFERENCE (2ND) ON DOT RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT IN TUNNELING TECHNOLOGY, HELD AT EASTON, MARYLAND, ON SEPTEMBER 15-17, 1976
This document contains summaries of all R&D tasks in tunneling technology reviewed at the Second Annual Transportation Tunneling Program Review. The purpose of the conference was to review the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) research and development program in tunneling technology. This review was conducted and sponsored by the Office of the Secretary, the Urban Mass Transportation Administration, and the Federal Highway Administration to provide researchers, program managers, R&D staff, and others involved with tunneling technology with an overall perspective of the DOT tunneling R&D program scope, objectives and goals.
- Sponsored in part by Virginia Highway and Transportation Research Council, Charlottesville.
Office of the Secretary of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
Virginia Highway and Transportation Research CouncilCharlottesville, VA United States
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Pagination: 215 p.
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Construction; Construction management; Construction projects; Cost estimating; Costs; Development; Environmental impacts; Estimates; Excavation and tunneling; Geological events; Geophysical prospecting; Materials management; Meetings; Research; Soil mechanics; Structural design; Surveying; Surveying; Technology; Tunnel lining; Tunneling; Tunnels; Underground structures
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs; Research and development; Tunnel design
- Old TRIS Terms: Geological conditions; Geophysical surveys; Underground supporting
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Environment; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Research;
- Accession Number: 00154810
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TST-77-22
- Contract Numbers: DOT-PS-63044
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM