UNDERGROUND EXCAVATION. AN ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY
The bibliography covers all aspects of science, technology, and engineering that relate directly to excavation of underground openings in both soil and rock. The volume lists 600 document citations which contain excavation techniques other than drill-and-blast method. Each document is characterized by its type, originality of data, stage of project completion, excavation techniques, energy application methods, costs, ground conditions, materials handling systems and other operational or physical properties of the tunneling project. Cross-indexed listings provide access via the name of performing organization, funding organization, tunnel names, excavation techniques, authors, etc. Literature sources include journals, both national and international, books and monographs covering a period of 1960 to present. Approximately 60% of the document citations were published in the period 1972-1976.
Purdue UniversityCenter for Information and Numerical Data Analysis and Synthesis
West Lafayette, IN USA 47907
Office of the Secretary of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- JUDD, W R
- VON FRESE, R
- HASAN, S E
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Pagination: 164 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Bibliographies; Construction; Construction equipment; Construction projects; Cost estimating; Costs; Cut and cover tunneling; Dissipation; Estimates; Excavation; Excavation and tunneling; Geological events; Geophysical prospecting; Ground handling; Materials management; Pile driving; Rock excavation; Rock mechanics; Soil mechanics; Tunneling; Tunnels; Underground structures
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Energy loss /pile driving/; Excavation technology; Geological conditions; Geophysical surveys; Ground conditions; Tunnel excavation; Underground supporting
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Bridges and other structures; Construction; Energy; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00154802
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TST-77-20 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-60088
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM