DEVELOPMENT OF AN OFF-DESIGN PREDICTIVE METHOD FOR SUPERCAVITATING PROPELLER PERFORMANCE
The method incorporates a two-dimensional supercavitating cascade theory into a propeller lifting line theory for downwash induced angle corrections. In addition, cavitation number corrections are made to account for choking conditions which occur in flow passages of propeller blades having cascade configuration. The results are compared with experimental data for TMB Model 3770 supercaviting propeller.
Tetra Tech, Incorporated630 North Rosemead Boulevard
Pasadena, CA United States 91107
- Furuya, O
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Pagination: 156 p.
- TRT Terms: Blocking; Cavitation (Mechanics); Cavitation erosion; Downwash; Flow; Fluid dynamics; Hydrodynamics; Mathematical prediction; Numerical analysis; Performance; Propellers; Streamflow; Supercavitating propellers; Theory; Three dimensional flow; Two dimensional flow; Water
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cavities; Experimental data
- Old TRIS Terms: Cavitating propellers; Choked flow; Lifting line theory; Marine propellers; Performance engineering
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00154720
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TETRAT-TC-676 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00600-76-C-0790
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM